Drywall Apprenticeship Program
Drywall and ceiling tile installers hang wallboards to walls and ceilings and install ceiling tile inside buildings.
Tapers prepare the wallboards for painting, using tape and other materials.
Many workers do both installing and taping.
Drywall installers typically do the following:
- Review design plans to minimize the number of cuts and waste of wallboard
- Measure the locations of electrical outlets, plumbing, and windows
- Cut drywall to the right size, using utility knives and power saws
- Fasten drywall panels to interior wall studs, using nails or screws
- Trim and smooth rough edges so that boards join evenly
- Annual Apprenticeship Program Includes:
Registration of Apprentice with D.C. / Virginia (if apprenticed)
- Monitoring monthly grades and attendance reporting
- Monitor and submission of NCCER Student Certification material
- Instructor, Lab and Book Fees
- Orientation to the Trade
- Construction Materials and Methods
- Thermal and Moisture Protection
- Drywall Installation and Finishing
- Commercial Drawings
- Steel Framing
- Acoustical Ceilings
- Interior Specialties
- Exterior Cladding
- Specialty Finishes
42680 Trade West Drive
Dulles, VA 20166
Complete your application and jump start your career today!
CLICK HERE to access the 2022-2023 application for Drywall.
Level One begins October 13, 2022. Level Two begins October 7, 2022.
Classes are closed to new enrollment after October 7, 2022. Please email completed applications to [email protected]