24-Hour Competent Person Fall Protection Training 10/18 CV
October 18 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$475.00 – $575.00
24-HOUR COMPETENT PERSON FALL PROTECTION TRAINING
October 18-20, 2023 | 8:00AM-4:00PM
In Accordance with ANSI Standard Z359.2
(Conforms to the 24-Hour Training Requirements of the EM-385-1-1 2014 Edition)
This 24-hour training is in accordance with 29CFR 1926 and EM-385-1-1, introducing students to the USACE EM385-1-1 Safety & Health Standards, as well as Virginia and Federal Construction Safety Standards and Regulations covering Fall Protection. This course includes classroom instruction in addition to the required 8-hours of practical hands-on training.
– An integrated study of hazard recognition and abatement principles related to falls on construction worksites.
– Available equipment, equipment use, maintenance, storage and inspection requirements to maintain compliance
– Basic rescue techniques and emergency action procedures
– The study of compliance issues and challenges facing safety professionals including mishap and case study analysis, Virginia and Federal general safety standards, worksite inspections, interfacing with compliance officials, vertical and horizontal standards, and common construction industry compliance issues are also discussed.
Additional Topics Include:
– Equipment selection, Inspection and Donning
– Fall Prevention/Restraint/Arrest
– Fall Hazard Elimination
– Passive v. Active Systems
– Fall arrest rescue systems
– Selection and usage on non-certified anchorages
– Authorized persons’ duties and responsibilities
– Competent persons’ duties and responsibilities
– Testing of fall protection equipment
– “Hands-On” scenario of fall protection systems
– OSHA and ANSI Standards of Fall Protection
Who Should Attend:
Anyone required to manage a safety program or who is responsible to be the on-site Competent Person, including Safety Managers, Safety Directors, Onsite Managers, Supervisors, Section Leads and Responsible Persons.
What To Bring:
Bring your personal fall protection harness with you to class. Doing so will provide the opportunity to learn how to properly wear your personal equipment you’d like to bring to class, it can be inspected as well (i.e. lifelines, lanyards, anchorages, etc.) Bringing in some of your own gear to class will provide you with practical experience suing your own equipment in addition to the equipment provided in class.
**Class Size is limited to 24 students.**
ABC-VA Central Virginia Training Facility
1600 E Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23228
Member – $475
Non-Member – $575
October 18, 19 & 20, 2023
8:00AM – 4:00PM
Pre-packaged snacks, coffee/water and boxed lunch provided
Please note that a reservation constitutes a financial commitment unless cancellations are made 72 hours in advance.
Contact Sherrie Dickerson